All You Need to Know About Cookie Clicker
Released in 2013, Cookie Clicker turned into a hit. Popular then, it’s still viral now. The loyal community of fans keeps getting stronger thanks to constant updates and new features. The incremental game was designed by Julien Thiennot, a self-taught French developer. Being a fun project, it grew into something massive and addictive. What’s it about? Why are people so obsessed with it?
It focuses on clicking and getting more than you had in the beginning. This then transforms into tools, which produce stuff faster. The ultimate goal is to feed the whole universe with delicacies you bake. All that with just a few taps. Isn’t it mesmerizing? Have a look at the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq3GI-fK8fs
But you start small and do everything yourself at first. And only then improve and delegate the hard work to subordinates. As a result, you produce items per second and take on management tasks. Let us give you a glimpse of what it looks like:
- Get 15 cookies to buy a cursor that clicks for you.
- Get 100 to hire your first grandma who works free of charge.
- Manage farms to grow your products.
- Mines to extract them from the earth.
- Factories to make them on an industrial scale.
Production accelerates exponentially. Even the economy now depends on this business! Rivers are polluted with chocolate. The obesity epidemic bursts out. The ideology is based on cookies. They penetrate everything. Become known in the neighborhood, then in the town, country, planet, and other worlds. Space traveling, portals, parallel dimensions… It gets crazier with every click you make.
3 Features that Make the Cookie Clicker Addictive
- Simple gameplay. You don’t need to dive into the adventure for hours. A couple of minutes per day are enough to get you interested in the process. Set up your business and let it run automatically.
- You see what you want to achieve next. Then you work for it and get it. And it’s not that demanding. As with everything in the game, a couple of clicks will do.
- Not boring. The development is fast. You don’t have to play for days to get what you want. Grow powerful and buy more upgrades to see what they are capable of!
Influential Virtual Toy
The Cookie Clicker wasn’t the first adventure in the genre. But it is undoubtedly one of the best ones according to game reviewers. For example, IGN has called it “the greatest idle game”. Now it’s available on Android, Microsoft Windows, iOS, Web browser, macOS. Enjoy it online or download it to your device.